Northampton, Massachusetts, from 1970.
From the OHS Database Builders Listing Editor, updated December 11, 2016. —
The partnership of William F. Czelusniak and Francis E. Dugal in Northampton, Massachusetts, was formed in 1970, and incorporated in 1978. Originally a service firm, it was a representative of Casavant Frères of St. Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada, 1978; then of W. Zimmer & Sons, Inc. of Charlotte, North Carolina. In 1979, the firm became a builder with the rebuilding of the c.1875 Pomplitz tracker organ in the Village Congregational Church, Cummington, Massachusetts.
The firm continues today as a builder, specializing in rebuilding and restoration work of older instruments of both mechanical and electrical key-action varieties. The firm is also organ curator for several colleges and universities in New England.
The senior employees of the firm are members of the American Institute of Organbuilders, the American Guild of Organists, the Organ Historical Society, the International Society of Organbuilders, and the American Theatre Organ Society.
From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders, by David H. Fox (Richmond, Va.: Organ Historical Society, 1991; rev. ed., 1997, with updated information). —
Partnership of William F. Czelusniak and Francis E. Dugal in Northampton, Massachusetts, 1970; incorporated, 1978; representatives of the Casavant Frères firm of St. Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada, 1978; representatives of the W. Zimmer & Sons, Inc. firm of Charlotte, North Carolina; active in 1996, service.
Staff: Richard G. Boutwell; Richard M. Frary, Jr.; Gregory M. Joly; Gary Smith.