Database Manager on September 27, 2012: Identified through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- Owen, 1979, states that this instrument had two manuals, 13 stops, and a pedal by coupler when installed in 1829. C. 1852, a pedal Sub Bass 16' was added. It was rebuilt sometime during the 1880's by Hutchings, Plaisted, & Co., which firm provided a new case, new console, and new action.
In 1829, First Parish Church dedicated its fifth meeting house since the founding of the church in 1633. In the new meetinghouse, built on the same site as its immediate predecessor, an organ of 13 stops and 731 pipes was installed in the balcony. This instrument, a product of the early and famous American organ builder, William M. Goodrich of Boston cost the church $1,250.00. -- from "THE FIRST PARISH ORGAN", church organ history document via church website
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.