Updated through on-line information from william rowland. -- In 1908, it was been drastically rebuilt by Clarence Morey for a Catholic Church. Morey apparently destroyed the much of original Jardine voicing and at that point the Organ no longer was a Jardine except in name only. However, the original chests were preserved and used. The Catholics sold the Building to a Ukrainian (this is in dispute since others say Greek) Orthodox Church. According to Orthodox Canons; no musical instruments are allowed in th service and the Orthodox had no need for the Organ, failed to care for it and it fell into severe disrepair. The Orthodox Church decided to sell the building and someone got in contact with Alan Laufman of the Organ Clearing House to find a good home for it. It was then purchased by Steuart Goodwin,around 1974, an Independent Organbuilder and voicer of San Bernadino, California. Mr. Goodwin also has a working relationship as voicer for Schoenstein and Sons of San Francisco and has voiced a number of notable instruments through out the United States. Mr. Goodwin built his Opus 4 from what was usable of this Organ (Opus 4 can be seen on his website) and in doing so used the remaining Jardine chests, 5 or 6 ranks that Morely had not done away with along with Morely pipework. Mr Goodwin states that he remembers something very interesting about this organ:It had a Great that amounted to an Italian ripieno with independent principal ranks at 8', 4' 2-2/3', 2', 1-1/3' and 1'". With all the changes done to this instrument it is no longer a Jardine nor a Morey but a Goodwin. This Organ now has 3 manuals and pedal; 33 ranks and Tracker action and now resides at the Upland Episcopal Church in Redlands, California. It should be cross referenced with Steuart Goodwin and Company.
Offered for sale in 1956.