Updated through on-line information from John Robinson. -- The keydesk is covered by a plain wooden lid that is hinged at the back. When raising the lid, one must lift a narrow music rack forward, push the lid behind it, and let the music rack hold the lid up. The music rack is attached to the organ with a sort of hook that pivots in a groove but is not permanently attached. The organ is regularly maintained and used for public events, weddings, and musical presentations, as well as worship services, although it is now a government-owned historic site. In 2007 the organ was celebrated for its 200 years of service. Thomas Dressler was recitalist. The organ is played most Sundays in the summer by visiting area organists.
Status Note: There 1996
Altered by Samuel Bohler 1887 and moved into St. John's Lutheran across the street. This bldg. damaged by storm in 1954. Organ returned to Peace Church. Restored by Noack 1974. Single feeder bellows and double-fold wedge reservoir. 23 pipes of 4' Principal in fa?ade. C to d' of Dulciana from Gedackt. Stoplist in chest order. [Op. 1-4 may not have been organs.]