Excerpt from History of Bedford and Somerset Counties by Blackburn and Welfley, published in 1906: "Trinity Lutheran Church of Somerset...The present imposing church, which stands on Main Street, on the second lot west of the public square, was completed in 1874, at a cost of over $20,000, during the pastorate of Rev. A. M. Whetstone. In 1905 the building was enlarged and greatly improved. A fine pipe organ has also been installed."
Excerpt from The Daily American " December 26, 2015, article 50 Years Ago Today. "Somerset’s Old Trinity Church lay in ruins the day following Christmas. Only the belfry and the four blackened brick walls remained following a disastrous pre-Christmas fire that raged unchecked for several hours through the Western Pennsylvania landmark. Somerset volunteer firemen did all they could to check the fast-burning fire, but to no avail. The beautiful edifice was destined to be the prey of the demon fire on Christmas Eve, 1965."We received the most recent update for this note from William Dunklin on October 22, 2020.
Information identifying this instrument from the Austin Organs, Inc. web site, accessed December 20, 2004: http://www.austinorgans.com/organ-research.htm.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.