The Austin organ Op. 507, 1914, which cost $11,900, incorporated much of the 1883 Roosevelt pipework (and therefore, possibly, some of the Standbridge pipework.) -- 1996 OHS Handbook
The 1997 renovations included installing a new console built by R.A. Colby, including expression slide bars on the manual keyslips "a la" Wanamaker Organ.
The organ retained 24 ranks from 1883 Hilborne L. Roosevelt Op. 125; according to the church website "In 1948, a new Austin console was installed, and some tonal changes were made; additional tonal 'modernizations' occurred in the 1960's. With the exception of a few new voices, the instrument is now restored to its original 1914 specification, using vintage Austin pipework wherever possible. Several orchestral voices, including a French Horn (E.M. Skinner) have been added to the specification.
A comprehensive restoration project, completed in 1997, involved several fine craftsmen: Samuel H. Hughes (reed voices restoration), Steven Emery (mechanical restoration and tuning), Robert Wuestoff/Fritzsche Organ Co. (chamber and pipe cleaning), Bynum Petty (Choir Organ pipework revoicing) and Bob Schopp (Façade refinishing and Trumpets En Chamade)."
Information identifying this instrument from the Austin Organs, Inc. web site, accessed December 20, 2004: http://www.austinorgans.com/organ-research.htm.
Sanctuary Interior, Chancel, and Organ Cases: Vintage Postcard; image courtesy of William Dunklin (1921).
Choir and right organ case, showing newly installed upper windows in the Choir.: Photograph courtesy of Jim Stettner, submitted by Paul R. Marchesano. Taken approx. c. 1919