Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

George Jardine & Son (1889)

Exhibited in the 2013 OHS convention

Location:

St. Luke's Episcopal
40 Congress St.
Saint Albans, VT 05478 US
Organ ID: 1257

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been restored to a previous state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 14 ranks. 815 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 16 stops. 14 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 16
  • Registers: 14
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 58
  • Pedal Compass: 27
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: Fixed mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on April 25, 2013:

According to information from Stephen Pinel, Andover later restored the organ tonally.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 19, 2007:

Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Organ installed in a chamber on the right side at the crossing from nave to chancel. Facades on both nave and chancel side. 15 pipes in a gothic arch for the nave facade. Pipes originally stencilled, now just natural grey zinc. The original etched patterns are still visible in the metal. Organ refurbished/altered by the Berkshire Organ Co. in 1966.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Altered Berkshire, 2-14.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Typed stoplist (Source: Paul Opel webpage, 2008-07-08)
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ case: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1988-10-25

Keydesk from right side: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1988-10-25

Keydesk from left side: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1988-10-25

Organ case, facade, and keydesk: Photograph by Len Levasseur 2012, for the OHS 2013 Calendar.

Church Exterior: Vintage Postcard, courtesy of T. Bradford Willis, DDS (1908).

This instrument has been viewed 193 times.