Updated through online information from Stephen Hall. -- The organ was the first to be exported to England in 1897 where it was assembled in the loft of John Austin's father Jonathan-s barn at Knuston Lodge Farm in Irchester.
It was sold to the Rushden Baptist Chapel and installed in their sanctuary on Little Street. Four years later it was moved to their new sanctuary on Park Road where it remains. A 16 Open Diapason and 8 Octave were added to the pedal when it was moved, since then it has had electrical and mechanical refurbishment by Nicholson-s of Malvern and its successor company Walker 1949-50.
In 1986, the console was moved from the choir stalls in front of the organ pipes to the right hand side of a platform at ground floor level. At the same time a solid state switching system was supplied by Kimber-Allen and installed by Kenneth J. Canter. (Source: Northhampton District Organists Association Newsletter date June 20, 2014, accessed on-line August 23, 2015)
Information identifying this instrument from the Austin Organs, Inc. web site, accessed December 31, 2004: http://www.austinorgans.com/organ-research.htm.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.