Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- This is the third pipe organ owned by the parish - the first two also being by the Hook firm in 1843 and again in 1858. The 1928 organ was a gift to the parish as a memorial to Moses Tyler Stevens and Charlotte Emmeline Osgood Stevens by their children. The Hook firm took the keydesk, chassis, and pipes in trade from their 1858 organ, leaving the case to be incorporated into the new instrument which cost $10,200.00. It was dedicated in worship on Christmas Sunday, December 22, 1928 by organist Moses Tyler Stevens - son of the man in whose memory the organ had been given. Documented March 4, 1989.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- The center portion of the case with the three Romanesque arches is the original 19th-century Hook case, to which Hook & Hastings added side wings for the 1928 organ.
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).
Organ in rear gallery: Archival source not identified by contributor: James R. Stettner. Taken on 1989-02-21
Organ Case from left side: Archival source not identified by contributor: James R. Stettner. Taken on 1989-02-21