Online update from David Lewis -- In the mid-1950s, this instrument was rebuilt by Peter Nielson of Kansas City, Missouri, who converted the action to electro-pneumatic pulldowns and replaced the original console which was located in an elevated loft behind the pulpit with a Reisner tilting tablet console located in a new choir loft on the main floor to the right of the pulpit and underneath the organ. The organ was parted out when replaced by a new Visser Rowland pipe organ in 1989. The Great Principal chorus rank was revoiced for incorporation, along with other selected ranks, into a new instrument for the First Baptist Church of Lee's Summit by Quimby Pipe Organs, Warrensburg, MO. in approx. 1990.
Rebuild of their 1887 E. & G. G. Hook & Hastings Op. 889.
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).