Updated through on-line information from John B. Johnson. -- This organ is extant but no longer used for services. When last heard and played in 2006, its mechanisms and console were operable but in rapidly failing condition. The orginal 10 Pilcher ranks including the once visible speaking facade were enclosed behind grill cloth in chambers at the front of the room either side. Two stops, a mixture and a small trompette and the present drawknob console were added at some time in the late 1990s.
On-line update from David Dowty -- Organ originally front center, visible fascade pipes, attached keydesk, tubular-pneumatic key action and chests; in 1954-55, organ was moved to two new side chambers, no visible pipes, new detached console, converted to electric action. This action was failing by 1964. Present condition unknown.
Identified through information in Vol V p. 118 of the Pilcher factory ledgers and a list of Pilcher organs typed by William E. Pilcher of Louisville. For more information see the document referenced below.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.