Updated through online information from Margaret Downie Banks, Associate Museum Dir.: Note that organ does NOT belong to the University of South Dakota; rather, it belongs to National Music Museum, Inc.
Gold stencilled signature on front of 1884 nameboard (same text handwritten on back of nameboard): Built 1808, by Christ Dieffenbach, Berks Co., Pa. / [within unfurling banner] Rebuilt 1884, by Thos Dieffenbach Millersburg, Pa. Single manual, tracker action, C-d3 (51 keys). Six original stops; three stops and pedalboard added by Thomas Dieffenbach in 1884. Polychromed case pipes painted by Thomas Dieffenbach's nephew, Jacob Dieffenbach. Built for Zion Lutheran and Reformed Church near Orwigsburg, Pennsyvania. Dedicated October 16, 1808.
National Music Museum catalog number: NMM 4905
Purchase funds gift of Arne B. & Jeanne F. Larson Fund and J. Laiten Weed Estate, 1990.
Status Note: There 1994.
From Zion Lutheran and Reformed near Orwigsburg, PA. Rebuilt1884 by Thomas Dieffenbach. Purchased May 1990 from Thomas S. Eader estate. Returned to original 6-stop condition. 2 manual stops and pedal stop from 1884 rebuild removed.
Rear of organ: Photograph by Byron Pillow, National Music Museum Photographer, submitted by Margaret Downie Banks. Taken approx. December 2018