Published on the website OnMilwaukee by Bobby Tanzilo, September 19, 2017:
"St. James Episcopal Church, which has made its home at 833 W. Wisconsin Ave. since 1851, will close its doors at the end of this month... Despite its central location, its historic Milwaukee home (built in 1867 and rebuilt after an 1872 fire) and the services it provides to the community ... the church has had a dwindling congregation."
The Pilcher date 1863 predates the current building and the 1867 fire casts doubt that the 1863 Pilcher survived. Per this database, the church purchased large new organs in 1892 and 1929.
Updated through online information from John Igoe.
In Bynum Petty's book, this organ is identified with opus number 76.
Identified through information in the Pilcher factory ledgers, a handwritten list of organs and notes on the firm's history, and an emended page from a catalog of c. 1870. For more information see the document referenced below.
56n man, 13n ped. Also Op. 1482
In the first lists, this organ was originally assigned number 54.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.