Cathedral Church of the Advent, Episcopal
2017 Sixth Ave. N.
Birmingham, AL 35203 US
Organ ID: 17885
Updated through online information from Randy Terry. -- During the voicing process in the church, it was decided to remove the Recit 4' Flute Octaviante which had some voicing problems and install a Skinner 4' Flute Triangulaire from the church's inventory.
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Incoporates pipes from the previous Pilcher and both previous Austin organs, as well as pipes from two Skinners: Opus 799 (1929) originally built for Alabama College/University of Montevallo; and Opus 851 (1931) originally built for Trinity College in Hartford, CT. The organ was dedicated Sunday, January 15, 1989 at 8:00 p.m. by Cathedral Organist and Director of Music Dr. Stephen G. Schaeffer.
Offset chests are EP chests -- pitman and unit chests.
The Antiphonal and Antiphonal Pedal divisions are located in a rear chamber originally built for the Echo division of the 1920 Austin, Op. 856.
Nave interior to rear and en-Chamade; Antiphonal in left chamber: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-01-12