Community of Christ (Reorganized Church of Latter-day Saints)
1001 West Walnut Street
Independence, MO 64050 US
Auditorium Conference Chamber
Organ ID: 18408
The Auditorium seats 5,800 people.
The denomination, Community of Christ, was known from 1872 to 2001 as the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (RLDS).
Updated through online information from Phillip Grubbs.
Updated through online information from Phillip Grubbs. -- This organ is used regularly for concerts and demonstration recitals. The organ is played by a staff of approximately 50 Community of Christ volunteer staff organists and 1 Community of Christ Principal Organist.
Updated through online information from David McVey. -- Catharine Crozier played the inaugural recital on November 7, 1959, but this was not the dedication. The dedication was during the church's World Conference in 1960 and Bethel Knoche was the organist. Ray Berry reviewed the dedication in The American Organist magazine.
Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Dedication recital played by Catharine Crozier in 1959; extant; some tonal changes by Michael Quimby with John Hendriksen; keyboards replaced; console renovated by David Harris.
Some modifications have been made to the organ since the original installation, and additional work has been done by Michael Quimby and John Hendricksen.
Organ and exposed pipes: Photograph by Joseph Routon, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2018-07-16