Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Wm. Johnson & Son (Opus 424, 1874)

Location:

Wesley Methodist Church
East Windsor: Warehouse Point, CT 06088 US
Organ ID: 1854

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ has been restored to a previous state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 15 ranks. 2 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, not in standard AGO position.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 07, 2018:
We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was an unknown builder (c. 1845).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1969

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Original G compass from 1830's or 1840's, possibly by Erben. Taken in trade by Johnson in the late 1860's, and rebuilt using the chassis and half the original pipework, with new console, case and action. Moved to present building by J. W. Steere with a tubular pedal action. Renovated by Andover c. 1969 and revoiced as a Baroque instrument. Restored c. 2000 by S. L. Huntington Co. reversing previous alterations, including restoring the original pitch, wind pressure and voicing; restored the wind system; and returned the pedal to mechanical action with a new chest and action.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

Pipe Organs in Connecticut sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 325 times.