Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1948)

Originally Wm. A. Johnson (1860ca.)

Location:

St. John's Episcopal
314 N. Cedar
Townsend, MT 59644 US
Organ ID: 19704

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 11 ranks. 566 pipes. 2 divisions. 1 manuals. 11 stops. 10 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Divisions: 2
  • Stops: 11
  • Registers: 10
  • Position: Keydesk attached, manuals set into case.
  • Manual Compass: 56
  • Pedal Compass: 27
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with hinged doors that enclose keyboards.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on flat jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on October 23, 2007:

Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on November 21, 2005:

Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Free-standing and encased with a recessed keydesk. Gothic case with crenelations. 3-sectional façade of gold-painted dummy pipes. Original pedal compass 12-notes. 30-note pedalboard added later with added pipes for original 16' Bourdon. Original home unknown. In 1938, the organ was in St. James Episcopal in Dillon. Replaced 1948 by II-manual, 3-rank M. P. Möller. In 1948, it was in St. John's Episcopal in Townsend, Montana, where it was replaced by a Hammond. In 1958, it was acquired by Don Stagg of Butte, placed in storage, then installed in 1974 in the Stagg residence in Vancouver, B.C. In 1989, it was moved to the Stagg residence in Blaine, Washington.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 317 times.