Around 1866, the small organ was moved to Holy Apostles church and installed in the chancel.
In 1859, Holy Apostles Church established a mission, known as "The Chapel of the Free Gospel." The chapel, located nearby on West Twenty-ninth Street, was open to poor families who would not be able to attend a church with rented pews. Shortly before Christmas of 1859, a small organ costing $500 was installed. The mission did not flourish, perhaps because of its close proximity to the mother church, and the building was sold in 1866.