During the summer of 1972, the organ was cleaned and releathered by François Caron, who was the Montreal representative of Casavant Frères Ltée at the time. In 1989, on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the parish, the organ was once again completely restored by the same company, at a cost of approximately $86,000. The major part of the renovations was the releathering of all the pouchboards, stop actions and expression motors. SSLL switching was installed and the pedalboard was re-shoed. The instrument was also revoiced to make it brighter and louder. The rededication of the organ took place on April 9, 1989. One week later, Phillips Motley, who was, at the time, the music director at the church, played the inaugural recital. In 2007, the parish initiated an ambitious five-year restoration project with Alain Baumgarten who, for more than 30 years, was responsible for the maintenance of the instrument. The Great division swell box was removed in 2012. (from www.musiqueorguequebec.ca)
Dedication recital by Lynnwood Farnam (Church of the Holy Communion, New York City) on January 13, 1930; a second recital was played by Pietro A. Yon, St. Patrick's Cathedral, New York City.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.