This second-hand organ was given to the Congregational Church in 1917, and the sides or the case were removed when the organ was placed in the chamber. The chestnut case is trimmed with black walnut and the three flats display decorated Open Diapason basses with Jardine's distinctive tops. Across the bands near the top of the flats is lettered in Old English, "Ye that fear the Lord praise Him./Praise Him with Stringed Instruments and Organs ./Let all the People praise Him." The console projects and the Swell to Great coupler is operated by ON and OFF pistons in the swell key slip. The Swell is behind the Great and the stopped wood pipes of the Pedal are divided at the sides.
The two lowest 8' Open Dapason pipes are offset in the front corners of the case; the Gamba is a belled rank; the Melodia is of open wood; the Harmonic Flute is of metal, with 12 stopped wood basses and harmonic pipes from c1; the Clariana is a bell gamba; the Vox Celeste is a 20th century stop and probably replaced a Dulciana or perhaps a 16' Bourdon of 46 pipes; the Clarionet Flute is a metal chimney flute from C1; the Viollno is really a Principal. The old 8' reed of 46 pipes was moved to 4' pitch a few years ago and it now has 21 flue trebles. Jardine often named such Swell stops Trumpets, but this example is a strong Oboe. The former Bellows (signal) knob now operates Chimes playing in the Great, AA-E1; 20 notes. The 46-note stops commence at C0. -- 1972 OHS Handbook
Status Note: There 1972.
2nd hand. Given to Congregational [or Methodist?] (now Federated) Church in 1917. Altered.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.