Updated through online information from T. Bradford Willis, DDS. -- The church has an historical marker from the Texas Historical Commission:
The Rev. E. R. Barcus served as the first pastor of the congregation, organized in 1882, one year after the city of Temple was founded. The original structure on this site was destroyed by fire in 1911.
The present Romanesque Revival building was finished three years later. Architects were Sanguinet & Staats of Fort Worth. For many years civic meetings and school functions were conducted in the sanctuary, the largest in the area. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1979
Updated through online information from T. Bradford Willis, DDS.
Updated through online information from Chad Boorsma. -- The organ chambers are located above the choir loft.
Identified from the Reuter Opus List, provided by Chris Leaver, Reuter Organ Co., November, 2005.
Chancel, Console, and Chamber Grillework: Photograph courtesy of the Reuter Organ Company. Taken on 2004-11-25