Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 3620, 1986)

Location:

First Christian Reformed Church
1010 Front Street
Lynden, WA 98264 US
Organ ID: 22503

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Reformed Churches (RCA, CRC, URC, PRC)
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 21 ranks. 1,086 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 18 stops. 22 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 18
  • Registers: 22
  • Position: Movable console.
  • Manual Compass: 56
  • Pedal Compass: 30
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Tilting/rocking tablets above top manual.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on June 24, 2011:

Updated through online information from Lee Van Beek.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on June 24, 2011:

Updated through online information from Lee Van Beek.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on December 30, 2005:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This is a new organ, incorporating some extant pipework from the original Hinners, which had been electrified in 1958 by Balcom and Vaughan of Seattle. The entire 1958 organ was shipped to the Casavant factory in 1984. It was returned to the church after 13 months of work in September 1985. It took four people 2-1/2 6-day weeks to complete reinstallation, which was followed by two weeks of tonal regulation and finishing by two Casavant voicers. The project cost $127,000.00. The new instrument was dedicated on Friday, May 15, 1986 by Joan Ringerwole, Professor of Organ at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the factory specifications
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the console June 21, 1999
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
History and description: Open In New Tab We received the most recent update for this document from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Detail of Facade Pipes and Case: Photograph by Lee Van Beek. Taken on 2011-06-23

Chancel and Pipe Facade: Photograph by Lee Van Beek. Taken on 2011-06-23

Builder: Photograph by Lee Van Beek.

Console: Photograph by Lee Van Beek. Taken on 2011-06-23

Casavant console right before replacement.: Photograph by Rene Marceau, via Facebook, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2021-08-04

This instrument has been viewed 736 times.