This organ was purchased by and relocated to Derry Presbyterian Church, Hershey, PA. A farewell concert was held on November 3, 2019, and dismantling of the organ began shortly thereafter by A. Thompson Allen, New Haven, CT. A virtual organ sample set was created before the organ was removed.
Due to declining membership, the church held its last service September 2, 2018, and closed; the building will remain open for a further year to the many organizations who currently meeting in the facility.
Updated through online information from Geoff Johnson. -- Organ restored in 2007 by A. Thompson-Allen Company. Vox humana rank (originally prepared for) was added during the restoration. Setter board combination action was disconnected, though left in place for historical purposes, and replaced by a multi-level digital combination action. Other than the Vox Humana and new combination action, the organ is as it was originally installed. Organ has a nine-rank floating Positiv division playable on the Swell, Great, and Choir manuals.
Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Installed in 1951; extant; this organ was designed by H. Leroy Baumgartner; Harrison became so frustrated with the project that he gave the project over to A. Thompson-Allen for completion.
Identified through online information from Nathan Smith.
Organ removal for relocation to Derry Presbyterian Church, Hershey, PA.: Photograph by Geoff Johnson. Taken on 2019-11-27