From the NYC AGO NYC Organ Project: An early, if not the first, organ installed in St. Thomas Chapel was built by Johnson & Son in 1897. The following specification was recorded by Lynnwood Farnam (1885-1930), noted concert organist of the early 20th century, in one of his "Organ Notebooks." Farnam commented that the Johnson was a "Clumsy old organ, tracker," and that it "Stood in northeast corner of church." Farnam also noted that he "visited it when Maurice Garahant was organist. New Skinner succeeded it."
Updated through online information from Connor Annable.
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Replaced by E. M. Skinner Opus 598, 1926.