Roberts' history of the church: (1911) A choir organ was placed in a brick-lined vault specially created underneath the choir stalls; the sound rose through iron grates beneath the seats.
(1919) H.C. Haskell [sic] of William Haskell Co., a Philadelphia organ maker, removed many parts of the Standbridge organ for repairs. [The source of the problem was probably the choir organ in the vault beneath the choir stalls since water was seeping into the space after rainfall.]
Vestry Minutes (1921) March 8: H.C. Haskell, the organ maker, has refused to return the organ pipes taken out for repair in 1919 due to a contract dispute.
Vestry minutes (1888) June 12: - Vestry considering the replacement of the present "double quartet" choir, which sings in the organ gallery, with a men and boys choir to sing on the ground floor near the chancel. - Also considering the replacement of the organ console from the gallery to nearby the chancel via an electrical connection [that didn't occur until March 1892, probably due to the transition period between the Rev. Davies and the Rev. Vibbert, followed by the latter's sudden resignation].
Vestry minutes (1892) March 8: - Console and choir moved from the organ gallery to the nave near chancel [the organ had by now crowded out the console]. - Charles S. Haskell of William Haskell Co. * rebuilds, electrifies, and adds fourth manual to the o gan for $8,000 (first electric-action organ in the church).
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
In Feyring case. Replaced by Skinner Opus 862 (1931).