Unknown Builder (1923after)

Originally Austin Organ Co. (Opus 1177, 1923)

Location:

Hillcrest Presbyterian Church
7551 35th SW
Seattle, WA 98126 US
Organ ID: 23850

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Presbyterian Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on July 04, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Austin Universal Air
  • 20 ranks. 1,366 pipes. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 20 stops. 30 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Austin Universal Air chests
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on July 04, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 20
  • Registers: 30
  • Position: Console in fixed position, right.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys above top manual.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on July 04, 2018.
Database Manager on April 11, 2008:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on June 15, 2006:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This was the largest of three, 3-manual sister Austin organs installed in Seattle in 1923. Its original home was Central (Swedish) Baptist on Pine Street next to the Paramount Theatre. The building was later razed to become a parking lot, and the organ was transplanted to Hillcrest Presbyterian by an undocumented person or firm, though it may have been Charles F. Whittaker and Son who installed it originally. It still exists unaltered in the [now, former] Hillcrest building even though several other congregations have owned the building.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 165 times.