Updated through online information from Christopher Kiepper. -- In 1922, Kimball Pipe Organ Company was selected to build a new three manual instrument, which incorporated an antiphonal organ located over the ceiling of the Nave.
In 1963, Reuter Pipe Organ Company performed major repairs and restoration. The organ console was replaced, new pipe work was installed, and the windchests were rebuilt. The antiphonal organ was removed.
In 1976 Louis IX Associates relocated the Swell division from the tower to the main chamber. Major repairs were made, along with a tonal upgrading of the choir division.
In 2003, the Robert G. Dial Organ builders rebuilt the entire organ console (not the cabinet, but everything inside.) The new keyboards are from England. The organ received all new wiring and rectifier. The following new items were added: solid-state coupler/switching multiplex; multi-level combination action with adjustable crescendo; combination action control panel with digital read out; MIDI with sequence recorder; transposer switch with 6 half-steps sharp and 6 half-steps flat. Also were added were a new electric chime action (original still install in organ chamber but not playable), new swell shade motors and a new adjustable height bench.
In 10/2011 Kiepper Organ Company of Springfield, Missouri was selected to begin maintenance and repair to the instrument. The reservoirs of the organ are being re-leathered.
Rebuild of the church's 1922 Kimball/1963 Reuter/1977 Louis IX.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.