Updated through online information from William Dunklin. -- information compiled from various websites: The 7th Street Theatre opened in 1928 a 2/4 Wurlitzer (opus #789) was installed. The organ had been built in 1924, apparently for a different theatre also named "Seventh Street." In 1944, the organ was moved to Parkland's Trinity Lutheran Church by Balcom & Vaughan. Three additional ranks were added at this time bringing the instrument up to a 2/7 (minus the toy counter and percussions). In 1960, the instrument was purchased by George Martin of Tacoma. He eventually moved the organ to his home in Clute, Texas. In 2008 the organ was returned to the 7th Street Theatre for restoration and reinstallation.
Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Style "B" 1944, moved by Balcom and Vaughan to Trinity Evang. Lutheran Church in Tacoma. Three ranks added. 1960, acquired by George Matin for his Tacoma residence for $900.00. It was later moved to his residence in Clute, Texas.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.