According to church history, the organ is Erben's Opus 463, purchased and moved from First Christian Church in Selma during the 1920s. First Christian apparently acquired the organ from St. Paul's Episcopal in Selma, which replaced it (the Erben) with Roosevelt #466 in 1890. The date of the Erben's electrification here in Carlowville has not been documented, but the work appears to have be done in the 1950s. Jay Mitchell refurbished the organ's mechanics and pipework in 1987.
Chancel from rear aisle -- console on left, organ on right: Photograph by Jim Cook. Taken on 2005-11-05