A. B. Felgemaker Co. (1894)

Location:

Zion German Methodist Episcopal Church
Third & Livingston
Columbus, OH US
Organ ID: 25135

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 3 divisions. 2 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on July 21, 2012:

Updated through online information from Thomas Veregge. -- This Felgemaker organ was installed in the first edifice of St. Paul's Episcopal Church, built in 1842. The church was sold to Zion Lutheran Church in 1884, and the new church built at 787 East Broad Sreet. In 1904, a larger edifice was constructed at the same site, and another Felgemaker (used) installed. In 1920, a three manual Austin was given by a family in the parish, and finally in 1964 the parish purchased a four division, 51 rank Steiner organ.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on February 06, 2007:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- 5-sectional façade of ornately-stencilled pipes containing 33 pipes arranged: 5-5-13-5-5. Organ electrified by unidentified firm in 1939.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 326 times.