Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Bunn=Minnick Co. (1981)

Originally A. B. Felgemaker Co. (1906)

Location:

Broad Street United Methodist Church
501 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215 US
Organ ID: 25144

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 51 ranks. 7 divisions. 4 manuals. 94 stops.
All:
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 4
  • Divisions: 7
  • Stops: 94
  • Position: Movable console.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on February 06, 2007:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The organ was installed behind the façade of the former 1906 Felgemaker. Façade pipes were stripped and repainted. The organ has Great, Swell, Positiv, Solo, Echo, Echo Pedal, and Pedal. The Echo organ - in the rear gallery - is also playable from its own 2-manual console. The organ was dedicated in worship on Sunday, Feb. 21, 1982; and in recital on March 21, 1982 with Dr. William P. Haller as guest recitalist. The organ had been enlarged to 54 ranks by the time of my visit on Jan. 4, 1990. (J.R.S.)

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 429 times.