From the 1975 OHS Convention Handbook:
"This instrument was built for a Campbellite (Unitarian) Church on State Street in Bridgeport, Conn., and was the gift of the Government of the Netherlands in honor of Gerard Van Polenan-Campbell, Ambassador from the Netherlands to the United States. Moved to Tashua in 1859 when the Bridgeport church closed, it served until an electronic substitute was purchased about 1938. In 1970 it was restored by Richard Hamar of New Hartford, Conn.
The keyboard was originally covered by a door which slid up in tracks behind the display pipes; this was removed in the renovation as it blocked off too much sound when it was raised.
The Stopped Diapason Treble is a metal rofhflute from Middle C; the Principal shares 17 wood basses with the Flute and thus speaks from GGG to f3 although there are actually only 42 pipes in the rank. The Flute is stopped wood with inverted mouths in the bass and a metal rohrflute in the treble.
See The Tracker,Vol. XIX, No. 3, p. 4 for a detailed history of this instrument."
Status Note: There 1988
From Dutch (Campbellite) Unitarian, State St., Bridgeport, CT. Moved here in 1859. Blower ca. 1938. Restored by R. Hamar in 1970. G compass.