First Congregational, U.C.C.
2900 9th Ave. S.
Great Falls, MT 59401 US
Organ ID: 25828
Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Sometime in the early 1970's, the former Congregational church was declared structurally unsafe. So First Congregational found a new site in a different section of the city and built a new edifice/facility. Interestingly, the old edifice was occupied by a Baptist congregation who remain to the present. The existing 1918 Moller organ - which had been electrified by the original builder in 1953 - was relocated to the new edifice by Mr. Curryer with tonal changes. It was installed in two side-by-side chambers on the left wall at the front of the room with the terraced choir seating in front of the chambers. Tonal changes were made to both the Great and Swell, with some original ranks removed, and others used in new ways. A new 2' Principal was added to the Great on a new Moller unit chest. (Mr. Curryer was the Moller Representative at the time).
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.