Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

George Jardine & Son (1885)

Location:

Church of the Cross, Episcopal
308 Amherst Ave.
Ticonderoga, NY 12883 US
Organ ID: 26268

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been relocated.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on March 10, 2019.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 9 ranks. 2 divisions. 1 manuals. 9 stops. 12 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on March 10, 2019.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Divisions: 2
  • Stops: 9
  • Registers: 12
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 58
  • Pedal Compass: 27
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, not in standard AGO position.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on March 10, 2019.
Database Manager on March 10, 2019:

Updated by Scot Huntington, who has heard or played the organ. The organ was installed in the Church of the Holy Spirit Episcopal, Schenevus, New York ca. 1959, installed there without tonal changes by the Chase Organ Company of Worcester, New York.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jim Stettner on August 02, 2021.

Database Manager on June 02, 2007:

Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Replaced by an electronic. Jardine moved to an Episcopal church in Schenevus, New York. Electronic replaced in 1975 by a used, one-manual J. W. Steere & Sons organ built in 1902 and relocated from Trinity Episcopal in Claverack, New York by the Organ Clearing House.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

Pipe Organs in New York sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 240 times.