Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

David M. Storey (1999)

Originally Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 1188-B, 1953)

Location:

St. Anne's Episcopal Church
1700 Wainwright Drive
Reston, VA 20190 US
Organ ID: 26313

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been removed from this location and currently in storage.
  • The organ's condition is not playable.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 3 manuals.
All:
  • Position: Pipes exposed (in whole or in part) at floor level at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Position: Console in fixed position, center.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on December 19, 2013:

Updated through online information from Scott Hayes. -- This organ was removed in 2011 from St. Anne's, and placed into storage in the Muller shop in Croton, Ohio. The hope is to use this instrument as the foundation for the future choir organ at Trinity Cathedral, Cleveland.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on May 23, 2008:

Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Relocated from St. Paul's Episcopal, Richmond, Virginia.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on June 07, 2007:

Identified through on-line information from Thomas Lee Bailey. -- Originally built by Aeolian Skinner for St. Paul's Episcopal, Richmond, Virginia. Moved by David M. Storey and Co. to St. Anne's in Reston, Virginia in 1999.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 777 times.