Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Henry Erben (1845)

Exhibited in the 1985 OHS convention

Location:

Huguenot Church
136 Church Street
Charleston, SC 29401 US
Organ ID: 2644

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Interdenominational Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on September 23, 2021.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 13 ranks. 146 pipes. 2 manuals. 12 stops.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Stops: 12
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 07, 2018:
We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: Still in regular use, augmented by a separate electronic instrument in a rear gallery, 2004.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Altered 1929 (including 8' trumpet replaced by Keraulophon) by James N. Reynolds, extending pedal compass to 20 notes. Restored Hartman-Beaty 1969 (extension of Sw. Oboe with separate stop of 17 Bassoon notes & placement of TC trumpet on Gt.). 27 note pedal board added 1984 by James Polzois. To be repaired 1997 by Knowlton.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Typed stoplist (Source: Ogasapian, 1977)
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Pedalboard and swell shoe/trigger: Photograph by Jim Cook. Taken on 2006-06-26

Manuals: Photograph by Jim Cook. Taken on 2006-06-26

Keydesk, hinged doors closed: Photograph by Jim Cook. Taken on 2006-06-26

Chancel and organ: Photograph by Jim Cook. Taken on 2006-06-26

Organ gallery: Photograph by Jim Cook. Taken on 2006-06-26

Church Exterior: Vintage Postcard, courtesy of T. Bradford Willis, DDS (1904).

This instrument has been viewed 709 times.