Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1926)

Originally Hinners Organ Co. (Opus 1662, 1913)

Location:

Annunciation Roman Catholic Church
Wabansia & Paulina
Chicago, IL 60657 US
Organ ID: 2741

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been relocated.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 17 ranks. 975 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 17 stops. 18 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 17
  • Registers: 18
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 30
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection with pneumatic assists (i.e., Barker levers, etc.).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: Fixed mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on November 24, 2017:

Updated by James R. Stettner, who has heard or played the organ.
This was the relocation and installation of the used Hinners by an unknown person or firm. No known tonal or mechanical changes were made.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on March 18, 2007:

Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- In the OHS PC Database, attributed to Hinners & Albertsen.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

From 1st Presbyterian, Gary, IN c. 1926. Church closed. Organ moved through OCH to Portland, OR, originally to be installed in St. James Lutheran. Actually installed at St. Charles Borromeo, R. C., Portland, Oregon in 1978.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 342 times.