Updated through online information from John Igoe. -- The organ was officially dedicated on the first Sunday of November 1967. Upon completion, the $70,000 Aeolian-Skinner Opus 1482 boasted 2,349 carefully voiced pipes. Its value today (2012) is more than $700,000. The instrument was partially restored and enlarged in 1999
Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Replaced 1914 three manual Austin, #504; extant; unaltered.
Identified through online information from Stephen Hall. -- The Great, Swell and Pedal divisions are above and behind the choir on the right side of the chancel, the Great and Pedal principals are used to form screens that combined with the roof timbering gives the effect of a case. The Positiv is functionally exposed on top of a pedestal that separates the chancel from the altar in the side chapel. The small Nave organ is on top of a vestibule that extends into the nave; the Great trumpet is located there also. This trumpet is hooded, but is not a loud high pressure solo stop as the room is not that large. The instrument exists with the pipe portion only slightly altered, but several digital stops added. The organ is used regularly for services, and there is an annual recital in October.