George Miller (1994)

Originally Austin Organ Co. (Opus 50, 1901)

Location:

North Avenue Presbyterian Church
607 Peachtree St. NE
Atlanta, GA 30308 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 27800

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Presbyterian Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 53 ranks. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 36 stops. 48 registers.
All:
  • Position: In center chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 36
  • Registers: 48
  • Position: Console in fixed position, center.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on August 30, 2007:

Identified through on-line information from Jeff Scofield. -- Originally installed 1901 as Austin Op. 50; Austin rebuilt and enlarged the organ in 1939, with a new console; it was rebuilt with tonal changes early 1960s by Wicks, with a new console; rebuilt with extensive tonal changes, additions and new console by Ruffatti 1970; rebuild and tonal changes by George Miller 1994, reusing and rebuilding the console from the 1956 Moller rebuild of the organ in Franklin Chapel, University of Georgia, Athens.

We received the most recent update for this note from Jeff Scofield on April 18, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the console September 1, 2000
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Sanctuary interior: Photograph by Robert Tucker via Atlanta AGO.

Console: Photograph by Robert Tucker via Atlanta AGO.

Exposed pipes: Photograph by Robert Tucker via Atlanta AGO.

Church exterior: Photograph by Robert Tucker via Atlanta AGO.

Church interior: Photograph by Atlanta Symphony Orchesstra, submitted by Jeff Scofield.

Pipe Organs in Georgia sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 711 times.