Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Estey Organ Co. (Opus 1996, 1922)

Location:

Eutaw Methodist Episcopal Church
West side of N Eutaw near Mulberry
Baltimore, MD US
Organ ID: 29174

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 2 manuals.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on August 13, 2015:

Updated through online information from steve bartley. -- The name of this church was Eutaw Methodist Episcopal Church, not to be confused with Eutaw Methodist Protestant church (built 1909), no relation.

Eutaw Street formed in the late 18th century and at this location in 1808. First organ was a 1 manual Niemann, then the Estey. In 1926 the building was closed and torn down to make way for a parking lot.

Sun Paper May 6, 1922, p. 6 announced the dedication of the Estey. The Eutaw congregation dispersed. The Estey, being nearly new must have been sold and installed in a new location.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on September 28, 2007:

Identified by James R. Stettner through information from the Estey Opus List, published in The Boston Organ Club newsletter, 1973-1979.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 68 times.