Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1913)

Location:

St. John's Evangelical Lutheran (1894)
Oak Creek, WI US
Organ ID: 30792

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
All:
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on November 04, 2007:

Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- This is the second oldest Lutheran congregation in the state. The "History" section of the church website says that the first organ was acquired in 1883, but this was likely a melodeon. Later text reveals that a pipe organ was purchased in 1913. A photo shows a small organ with a 3-sectional pipe fence facade in the rear gallery with 25 facade pipes arranged: 5-15-5. Organ very short. Low gallery ceiling. The 1894 bldg. was moved to the present site in 1931, and was rededicated in 1932. The existing organ is presumed to have been moved and reinstalled.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ in rear balcony: Vintage postcard, courtesy of William Dunklin (ca 1915).

This instrument has been viewed 77 times.