Updated by Burton Tidwell, the builder.
Identified through online information from Burton K. Tidwell. -- Building constructed in 1914; first organ built by Kilgen in 1918 purchased with a matching grant from the Carnegie foundation. Little is knowm about it except that it was installed across the front of the choir loft behind a facade with attached console and presumably tubular pneumatic action. The Möller was 9 ranks, placed high in the room to the left in a former Sunday School room at the end of the large horse-shoe balcony above the choir loft. It was damaged from a roof leak in 1968, removed and rebuilt at the Möller plant in 1969 and rededicated by Burton K. Tidwell in his senior year of high school. In 1996, the original Great Principal 4 was replaced with pipework built to the author's specifications by Schantz as well as the trebles of the Swell unit Rohrfloete together with a complete revoicing of that stop. In 2003, failing leather in the switching prompted a complete rewiring of the organ and console with solid-state equipment, new tilting-tablet assembly, and combination action. The pneumatic tremulants also have been replaced. Future memorial work is pending but the basic organ will remain unaltered as it has served the church well for nearly six decades.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.