Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- The Dedication Program states, "The organ was first assembled in a residence, probably in the 1930's in New York City, by the Leet Organ Company of Cranford, New Jersey. At the time of the owner's death, the organ was given to St. Cyril's Church of New York. It remained in storage until it was purchased by Mr. Richard Simonton of Los Angeles in 1965. Shortly thereafter, we purchased the organ from Mr. Simonton in anticipation of the building of the new sanctuary." From the stoplist printed in the program, it seems likely that the organ may have been a former theatre organ which the Leet Organ Co. installed used. However, the console whose picture also appears in the program looks like it could be a modified Aeolian console. Mr. Ross Farmer who installed and rewired the organ is a member of the congregation, and was assisted by three other members. The organ was dedicated by Tom Hazelton on May 24, 1970 at 6:30 p.m. Source: Dedication Program.
Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.