Unknown Builder

Originally M. P. Möller (Opus 7474, 1947)

Location:

St. John's Episcopal Church
3480 Main Street
College Park, GA 30337 US
Organ ID: 34064

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Jeff Scofield on November 05, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 4 divisions. 3 manuals.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Position: Console in fixed position, left.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: 'Hold and Set' pneumatic/mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Jeff Scofield on November 05, 2022.
Database Manager on February 04, 2019:

The organ has been considerably altered since the original 1947 installation; it was moved to the present building in 1956 and then enlarged by previously-played pipework from all over; the large 3-manual console came from All Saints' Episcopal, Atlanta, after a time-out in a Tennessee garage.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 05, 2019.

Database Manager on September 27, 2008:

Information posted to PIPORG-L by Ralph Webb indicates at least some re-building ca. 1972, including the addition of the 16' wooden Trombone from Pilcher Opus 1497, originally installed in the First Baptist Church of Atlanta in 1930.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on March 21, 2008:

Identified from factory documents and publications courtesy of Stephen Schnurr.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Stoplist copied from the console June 28, 1999: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on February 05, 2019.

Instrument Images:

Console: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1999-06-28

Console: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1999-06-28

Sanctuary interior: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1999-06-28

Church exterior: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1999-06-28

Pipe Organs in Georgia sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 410 times.