Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

M. P. Möller (Opus M-10266, 1958)

Originally The Aeolian Co. (Opus 1542, 1925)

Location:

Wesleyan College
4760 Forsyth Road
Macon, GA 31210 US
Porter Family Memorial Auditorium
Organ ID: 36583

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Colleges and Universities
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: EP pitman
  • 74 ranks. 6 divisions. 4 manuals. 67 stops. 79 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): EP pitman chests
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 4
  • Divisions: 6
  • Stops: 67
  • Registers: 79
  • Position: Console on lift.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on August 31, 2008:

Identified through online information from Jeff Scofield. -- Originally installed in the Asa G. Candler Residence, Atlanta, GA, in 1925; given to Wesleyan College and installed here with a new console by John Horton and Dave Woodall (Möller rep in Atlanta) as Op. M-10266; the Great division was mounted on the back wall of the stage; the organ was later renovated in 1989 and rebuilt and enlarged by Schantz in 2008, with a new console.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on March 18, 2019.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the factory specifications
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Console: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1989-06-29

Console: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1989-06-27

Auditorium interior from balcony: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1998-06-29

Pipe Organs in Georgia sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 890 times.