Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Peragallo Pipe Organ Co. (2004)

Originally A. B. Felgemaker Co. (1916)

Location:

Absecon United Methodist Church
100 Pitney Rd.
Absecon, NJ 08201 US
Organ ID: 36692

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Methodist Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on July 17, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 4 divisions. 3 manuals.
All:
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on July 17, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has a Piston Sequencer
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on July 17, 2018.
Database Manager on July 15, 2009:

Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Expansion included a three-manual console.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on July 15, 2009:

Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on September 28, 2008:

Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- This was the rebuilding and enlargement of the existing 1916 A.B. Felgemaker which had previously been electrified. The original Felgemaker case still occupies the front, right corner. A second free-standing case with gold facade pipes but clearly housing an expressive division has been added to the front, left corner. Source: church website.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ Cases: Photo from church website used with permission; digital image submitted by James R. Stettner. Taken on 2008-10-10

Church interior: Photo by Barry Caselli. Taken on 2009-04-04

Chancel with organ cases: Photo by Barry Caselli. Taken on 2009-04-04

Console: Photo by Barry Caselli. Taken on 2009-04-04

Pedalboard and toe studs: Photo by Barry Caselli. Taken on 2009-04-04

This instrument has been viewed 500 times.