Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- ORIGINAL BUILDER HINNERS ORGAN CO, OPUS 1662, (1913) Originally purchased in 1976 by St. James Lutheran of Portland , OR.; who sent their organist - Harley Perkins - to Chicago to supervise its dismantling, crating, and shipping at a cost of $3,500.00. The organ turned out to be too large for St. James without significant structural augmentation of the building. Fr. Krueger of St. Charles got word of the organ's subsequent availability, and with five $1,000.000 pledges acquired the organ. Parts went to Mr. Perkin's home for refurbishing & repairs, and the remainder went into storage in a parishioner's garage and a room at the school. Over a 7-month period, about 30 volunteers worked under Mr. Perkin's supervision stripping white paint off of the oak case and refinishing the wood. The façade pipes were also stripped and re-pianted. The organ was reassembled in time for Easter mass on March 26, 1978. The organ just barely fits under the ceiling of the rear gallery with less than an inch between the top of the swellbox and the ceiling. A few of the façade pipes had to have a few inches of over-length trimmed off. The pipe fence facade contains 79 pipes of which 74 are speaking! Before the organ's relocation to Portland, the original Swell 8' Voix Celeste had been replaced with a 2-2/3' Nasard. Utilizing pipes acquired from the Bond firm, a III Mixture was installed on the Great in place of the original 8' Viola da Gamba. The displaced Viola da Gamba was relocated to the Swell 8' Salicional chest. The Salicional was displaced to the 8' Aeoline chest, which was packed for storage. Both the Great and Swell have Pneumatic assists on all 61-notes.
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.
The original builder was Hinners & Albertson Organ Co. (1913, Opus1662).
Status Note: There 1997.
OCH from Annunciation R. C., Chicago, IL 1976.