The location of the church has been a source of confusion in the past due to the fact that historically it has been listed in at least three [town] names. It is in the countryside at an intersection with a modern postal delivery address from the nearest post office (Zieglersville), although it is not actually in the village of Zieglersville. It has been variously identified as Obelisk, Collegeville, or Zieglersville, Pennsylvania. There has also been confusion of its name with Zion Lutheran Church.
From the church history web page: "St. Luke’s Lutheran Church was established in 1833 as “Peace in Zion Church,” also referred to as Keelor’s Union Church. The cornerstone was laid on September 28, 1833, on 3 acres of land that was donated by local residents...The church was originally organized to serve two distinct congregations– a German Reformed and a Lutheran Congregation, each with it’s own pastor and church officials. Each congregation held their worship services on alternating Sundays, with Sunday School classes combined each week to include both congregations. In 1967 the Peace in Zion UCC separated from St. Luke’s, constructing a new church in nearby Zieglerville."
The indication of the church and organ as St Matthew's (Keller) and a date of 1917 have been shown to be spurioius.
The Pedal Octave 4' appears to be from the 1970 rebuild, as does the dual pressure for the Pedal Bourdon (currently not working). The Pedal Gemshorn sounds like it was originally designated as Cello. It is unclear if the Fifteenth is original or was added.
Updated through on-line information from Lisa Kirkhoff. -- Organ is still in use for services. Technical information was provided by Audrey Reinhart. Thank you, Lisa Kirkhoff
Updated through on-line information from Lisa Kirkhoff.
Status Note: There 1976.
Dieffenbuch lists this as 1917. Church now known as St. Luke's Lutheran. Rebuild c. 1970 by Brantley Duddy. Speller shows it as St Matthew's (Keller's) Lutheran 1917.