Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

David Broskowski (2008)

Originally Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 1169, 1948)

Location:

Our Savior Lutheran Church
6021 N. Santa Monica Blve
Whitefish Bay, WI 53217 US
Organ ID: 40532

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 19 ranks. 1,197 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 25 stops.
All:
  • Position: In gallery-level chambers at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 25
  • Position: Console in fixed position, right.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on April 08, 2009:

Updated through on-line information from Larry Wheelock.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on April 07, 2009:

Identified through on-line information from Larry Wheelock. -- Original installation was in Nazareth Lutheran Church, Milwaukee (25th and Meinecke) Congregation relocated in the 1970s and moved the organ to their new location (Granville Road). The 16' octave of Fagotto was removed during that re-installation. Nazareth closed and Our Savior Lutheran Church, Whitefish Bay, WI acquired the organ in 2006 David Broskowski, organbuilder of Milwaukee, installed 1169 at Our Savior in 2008, theoretically with no tonal changes except the re-creation of the 16-foot octave of the Fagotto. The instrument stands above and across the west gallery of the church, behind a fabric screen; no pipes are visible. The original console is present, but has been upgraded with modern equipment. This information comes from the program notes from 04/05/09 concert and personal observation.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist from the church.
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 627 times.