Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1962)

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1928)

Location:

East Leonard Christian Reformed Church
1027 Leonard St. NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 41697

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Builder's Shops: Storage, display, etc.
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 5 divisions. 3 manuals. 59 stops.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 5
  • Stops: 59
  • Position: Console in fixed position, right.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys above top manual.
  • Combination Action: 'Hold and Set' pneumatic/mechanical system.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on August 01, 2009:

Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on July 17, 2009:

Identified through on-line information from Chad Boorsma. -- The organ was built by W. W. Kimball in 1928 for First Presbyterian Church in Flint, Michigan. It was moved to East Leonard Christian Reformed Church in 1962 when the Flint church purchased a new Schantz organ. When the organ was built, it had 30 ranks with 2,093 pipes. A few ranks of the main organ and the entire Echo division were not moved to East Leonard Christian Reformed Church. In 2002, G. M. Buck Pipe Organs completed a solid state conversion, including 99 levels of memory, transposer, and playback capabilities. Some digital stops were also added, including the return of the Echo division by adding speakers in the balcony.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 274 times.